An exciting opportunity has become available for a Restaurant Supervisor based at our Heron Outlet
Reporting into the Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef, the successful candidate will be required take accountability for and assist with the management of the Front of House function in order to ensure the smooth running and management of Outlet
This includes facility management, health and safety management, stock management, resource planning, customer service levels and satisfaction, financial profitability and cost control, adherence to departmental processes, reporting and company policies.
Duties and responsibilities
– Ensures that the Restaurant is open on time and ensures the Club Master system is up and running at all times
– Ensures the Heron Restaurant is well maintained at all times, clean, tidy work and service areas. This includes fridges/service areas/dining areas/bar area. Ensure the cutlery and crockery is clean and in good condition for use by customers. Bars are stocked within the required stipulations. Kitchen area is need and tidy.
– Schedules resources (Rostering) and assigns duties taking into account busy periods, events, operating hours to ensure that the outlet is sufficiently staffed and able to meet operational requirements. Transports staff where required. Walks the floor and assists with serving when required.
– Debriefs staff prior to shift and coordinates staff meetings as and when required.
– Manages Restaurant staff. This includes cashiers, kitchen staff and cleaners. Ensures the restaurant staff’s conduct is acceptable and follows relevant disciplinary actions to address concerns.
– Establish standards for optimal staff performance and conduct performance reviews. Ensure poor performance management takes place with staff that underperform.
– Ensures that staff are trained and retrained on customer service levels and expectations, menus and beverages. Staff provide a prompt an efficient service at all times. Assists in new menu implementation
– Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations regarding serving, conforms to liquor licence regulations, building maintenance, theft and burglaries. Fire and evacuation drills are known and understood by staff.
– Ensure cash up processes are followed and balancing at end of day is accurately accounted for. Covers are processed correctly.
– Ensures superior customer service and customer experience. Solicits guest feedback. Pro-actively addresses customer complaints and ensure customer feedback is positive. Builds strong relationships with regular customers.
– Works closely with Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef and Club Manager to enquire about customer experience and areas of improvement to ensure that the Restaurant experience attracts and retains customers. Making recommendations on industry norms and/or trends
– Serves as a Relief to Supervisors and Assistant Restaurant Managers at Main Restaurant where required.
– Any ad hoc duties that may be required from time to time
– MS Office
– Hospitality qualification
– Valid driver’s licence
– 2 years Management experience
– Hospitality Point of Sale system. Club Master being advantageous
– Excellent Communication and Organisational Skills
– Displays a Calm & Courteous demeanour to customers
Interested candidates may email their applications together with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 14 July 2017
Simbithi Country Club is an equal employment opportunity employer