Simbithi Eco Estate Home Owners Association has the following exciting, yet challenging position available.
Executive and Legal Secretary
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Executive and Legal Secretary will provide administrative support and disseminate information in support of the activities and operations of the General Manager’s Office.
Board and Management
• Oversee the overall management of General Manager’s Office, Board, Board Committee and Management Committee meetings to ensure an annual programme of Board meetings is produced and approved by the Board.
• Arrange and co-ordinate the Board meetings, AGMs and any Special General meetings, including preparation of agenda, production and circulation of any associated paperwork.
• Make the Directors aware of all law and legislation relevant to or affecting the company.
• Ensure that minutes of all meetings and any committees are properly recorded.
• Maintain a database of Board decisions and ensure that the Board’s decisions are communicated efficiently so as to achieve prompt and full implementation.
• Track all the decisions made at the meetings to ensure implementation.
• Act as a confidential sounding board to the General Manager, Chairman and Directors on matters that concern them, and taking a lead in dealing with difficult interpersonal issues.
• Provide first line legal support to the Management and Board, so as to achieve compliance with all legal requirements.
• Ensure the signing of agreements and /or contracts.
• Act as principal point of contact with external legal advisors.
• With the support of external legal advisors, provide an ‘in-house’ legal advisory service.
• Highlight the legal implications of activities and proposals and identify how any risks can be minimised and/or managed. Ensure all significant legal risks are identified and managed on an on-going basis.
• Ensure compliance with procedural requirements of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Maintain statutory books/registers and ensure all statutory returns are submitted to the Registrar of Companies.
• Keep under review all legal and regulatory developments affecting the company’s operations, and making sure that the General Manager and Directors are properly briefed about them.
• Develop and maintain a management model to ensure a clear vertical line of sight from Board to management.
• Participate in strategic planning and risk management assessment sessions.
• Monitor compliance with Estate Protocol and act as the Custodian of the Estate Rules.
• Prepare reports for respective EXCO and Board review.
• Participate in EXCO meetings and provide strategic input and advice.
• Ensure timely, consistent and transparent communication with all stakeholders including regulators, customer’s service providers and Board.
• Direct resident queries to HOD’s for resolution.
• 5 Years’ experience in a similar role within a Gated Estate or related Industry
• Chartered Secretaries South Africa (CSSA) qualification and/or Paralegal or related
• Conflict Resolution
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Customer-service Oriented
Interested candidates may email their applications together with a covering note to email@example.com by no later than 29 August 2018.
Simbithi Eco Estate is an equal employment opportunity employer.